Ultraviolet (UV) light from the sun kills most mold and spores, which is why you dont see it growing outside in the open. Those are the ones that need to be kept dry and free from mold food sources more than areas that get natural sunlight.
Can you kill mold with light?
Ultraviolet (UV) Light is a proven technology that has been killing mold, fungus, bacteria, and viruses since the beginning of time. Ultraviolet light can kill mold in air and on surfaces. Its effective at treating the mold you know about, and can help kill mold, including airborne spores that you cant see.
Does sunlight affect mold growth?
In the presence of moisture, the amount of light exposure plays a big role in mold growth. Sunlight appears to inhibit mold growth.
Does lemon juice kill mold?
Natural lemon is a terrific fresh smelling solution that can prevent mildew and mold growth. Leaving cleaning solution residue on the surface can help deter mildew and mold.
What helps mold grow?
What promotes mold growth? Mold requires water, food, and oxygen to grow. It also requires an environment with a temperature it can survive. While mold cannot spread without these conditions, its spores may survive in a dormant state until conditions are suitable.