Question: When can I claim my ex husbands Social Security?

The earliest you can apply for divorced-spouse benefits is three months before your 62nd birthday. You can do so online (via an application form or your My Social Security account); by phone at 800-772-1213; or by making an appointment at your local Social Security office.

Can I get half of my husbands Social Security and still work?

You can receive up to 50% of your spouses Social Security benefit. You can apply for benefits if you have been married for at least one year. Starting benefits early may lead to a reduction in payments. If you have a work history, youll receive either your benefit or the spousal benefit, whichever is greater.

Tell us about you

Find us at the office

Smack- Kinneer street no. 65, 62402 Kingston, Jamaica

Give us a ring

Drexel Lepak
+30 694 593 49
Mon - Fri, 7:00-15:00

Contact us